Electric utility companies can use corona inspection equipment for cases such as:
• Degradation of Polymer insulators
• Improper binder attachment of conductors to insulators
• Contamination - coastal/highway salt, industrial, agricultural fertilizers
• Cracked porcelain insulators
• Improper grounding or bonding lead to wooden poles fires
• Rusted cement and metal caps and pins on porcelain insulators
• Incorrect design and installation leading to mechanical and electrical failure
• Shorted bells
• Loose hardware such as spacers, slices, clamps, etc
• Power loss
Corona surveys saves time and resources, since it eliminates the need to 'blindly' test a bulk of insulators and redundant replacements of grid elements.
To speak to our friendly and experienced power line division, call +44(0)1667 462740 or click here to Contact Us.